Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Agnes's Surprise 50th Birthday Party

Months ago, I found out that Agnes was going to be turning 50 in November. I knew that I just had to throw her a big, surprise party! With a lot of planning and a few white lies that I had to apologize for, we had a huge party, Full of:

Frustration (Agnes told me I was up to no good),

Fondness (Adelaide gave Agnes a big birthday hug),

Fabulous Cake (Jill Sorenson made this masterpiece. Check out the flying butterflies),

Fantastic Food (Many people from the ward brought cookies or other delectable items),

Festive Decorations (We did scrapbook/sign in pages all about Agnes),

Fear (Adelaide had her terrible stage fright come through during "You are My Sunshine"),


Fortitude (After seeing that I wasn't going to stop to rescue her, Adelaide stayed up there and started singing and signing, so she earned her surprise of picking out any Barbie from the store),

Fine Performing (Brittney and Marie perfectly entertained all of us singing "Meet Me is St. Louis," from Agnes's favorite Movie),

and Fun Friends!








Overall, everything went splendid because of so much love and help from the amazing people in our ward; it was such a Fulfilling event to be a part of.

4 comments:

  1. Those are the best pictures. That one of Addy is so funny, she was so strong to over come such a fear. And i love that picture of Agnes giving you a hard time. Perfect pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb
    That was so nice of you to throw her a surprise party. What gal you are. Love the Halloween pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun...you are so sweet Barbara! Seeing pictures makes me miss good ol' westland ward!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great friend. I agree with Marianne seeing everyone makes me miss Ohio. I would have loved to see Brittney and Marie perform from Meet Me in St. Louis that is a classic show in our household. Also I love the Halloween costumes this year.

    ReplyDelete