Friday, December 27, 2013

'Decemorable' Events

Get it?  December + Memorable = Decemorable ;o)

Well, the following moments made it in the above titled rankings, plus quite a few more that will have their own dedicated posts.
 This is about as close as we got to a white Christmas!  Ha ha...some may feel bad for me, but don't.  I felt fine and dandy about having our temperatures be in the 70s almost all December long!!!  I love it.

Sometimes when we try really hard, we fail miserably (or at least partially)!  My girls were going to get to have a formal lunch at school and got to dress up fancy for it.  Well, I thought I would be a fabulous mom and make sure to really doll them up!!!  I started the night before the event, putting multiple braids in Addie's hair and multiple curlers in Lexi's.
As I was getting them ready in the morning, I accidentally burned Lexi while trying to get her to turn toward me.  I felt awful!!!  The incident had Lexi crying and made the girls run a few minutes late.  They dashed down and got their shoes on without my supervision.  I dashed out to take a quick pic, before they left.  Upon looking at the camera, I noticed they were in their every day school sandals.  Now, I know that this will sound bad, but I was disappointed; I was having a vain mommy moment.  I knew that I was going to allow the girls to wear their Sunday shoes that day, so that it could even be a bit more special for them, but they obviously didn't know that.  I even had fixed (gorilla glued) one of Lexi's heals back on, just so it would be ready for her to wear to this event.

I thought about whether it would be worth it to wake up Emmy super fast and get Jed ready, dashing just to go have them change their shoes.  I decided that would have been too vain!  But when I saw that in the rush Addie had forgotten to pack one of her pages of homework, I couldn't stand her not to have it!  I, of course, headed out with the homework and the dress shoes in tote;o)
 This also afforded me the opportunity to snap another few pictures of my little beauties (along with their dressy shoes, of course)!
 Check out poor Lexi's burn.  Poor girl!!!  Plus, it looked even worse in the following days, when the darker scab was present.
 Oh, the cuteness;o)

My girlies also got to get dressed up for the Nativity play at our ward's Christmas party.
 Addie was an angel, getting to wear her angelic baptism dress for the second time, and Lexi was part of the starry night!  They did a fabulous job, but the sunbeam sheep definitely stole the show, ha ha, when some showed off their wrestling skills!  It was hilarious!!!
 Without the primary's awareness, Jed did his spectator part extremely well!!!  I am not sure whether he was trying to dance to the music or to lead it, but either way he was extremely cute doing it.

 Emmy decided to get up close and personal, until I had to whisk her away for getting upset that she wasn't up on the stage, too!

On to one of our absolute faves!!!
 We got to hang out with the Cherringtons and their sweet kids!
 These silly kids had a blast playing together!!!
 And us silly adults had a blast talking together!!!  Seriously, it was SO FUN!!!
Finally, I love adopting others ideas and then morphing them into what I need them to turn out to be!  My mom often will slit paper for cards in order to be able to incorporate birthday money into a picture in a creative, cool way!  I stole this method to make these 'DECEMORABLE' cards for my girls to give their amazing teachers before the break!

I hope that you have many wonderful 'Decemories,' too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment